Thai Me Up is a creamy and decadent cocktail that features dark rum, coconut cream, lime juice, ginger cardamom simple syrup, and Thai bitters. The sharp triangular rim for this cocktail uses the sweet flavor of cane sugar, a pinch of salt, cinnamon, and curry powder. The flavors in this cocktail is perfectly balanced.
I used a dehydrated lime to break up the fresh monochromatic tones of ivory. Fresh Thai basil or cilantro would be a great addition to this presentation as well.
Enjoy the rich flavors of Thai in one glass.
Thai Me Up
- Sharp knife
- Pastry brush
- Painters tape
- 2 oz. coconut cream
- 1.5 oz. dark rum (stems removed)
- .75 oz. ginger cardamom simple syrup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 4 drops Thai bitters
- 2 tbsp sugar
- .5 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- Combine sugar, salt, curry powder, and cinnamon in a bowl. Using painters tape, create a V-shape on the side of your glass. Coat the triangle with honey using a pastry brush, then dip the glass into the rim mixture and set aside.
- Add coconut cream, thai bitters, dark rum, ginger cardamom simple syrup, lime juice, and ice. Shake well.
- Pour into the rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a dehydrated lime wheel (Thai basil or cilantro is optional).