This Salted Maple Cherry Oat Granola has the perfect sweet-salty balance. The nuts and seeds provide a nice crunch, the coconut chips become golden, and the cherries add the perfect chewy-sweet-tart element .
This is great for acai bowls, chia bowls, yogurt parfaits, or can be a delicious addition to your favorite snacks!
Salted Maple Cherry Oat Granola
- Lined baking sheet
- Airtight container for storage
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup raw cashews (chopped)
- ½ cup raw almonds (chopped or sliced)
- ½ cup coconut chips
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tahitian vanilla bean
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Combine old fashioned oats, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut chips, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Heat maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, and vanilla bean paste in a small saucepan on low for 5 mins and whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir well. Be sure to incorporate the liquid that has fallen to the bottom of the bowl.
- Transfer the ingredients to a lined baking sheet and spread into one even layer.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for a total of 30 mins. Be sure to mix ingredients ½ way into baking to ensure the ingredients are cooking evenly.
- Allow to cool for 45 minutes before adding the dried cherries.
- Place in an airtight container and enjoy for 2-3 weeks!