During quarantine I created the Immunity 19 juice recipe because I wanted to ensure I was juicing with purpose. I used veggies and fruits with the most vitamin C, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties to help my immune system stay strong. All ingredients combined will give your immune system a healthy boost. Immunity 19 is so tasty and fresh. It’s a good way to get your family to intake more vit-a-mins!
Pineapples are the queen of vitamin C. They are also packed with zinc and antioxidants. Papaya is loaded with vitamin C as well as vitamin A, potassium, and calcium. Not only are red bell peppers high in vitamin C and vitamin A, it adds a creamy and savory element to the juice. Both turmeric and ginger have powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Don’t skimp the fresh black pepper, that is what’s going to aid the maximum absorption of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties from the turmeric.
Immunity 19 Juice
- Sharp knife
- 1 pineapple
- ½ papaya (seeds removed)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 oz. turmeric root
- 1 oz. ginger root
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1 orange twist
- Using a sharp knife, cut the top and bottom of the pineapple, then remove the skin of the pineapple and dice the flesh into 6 wedges. Cut the papaya in half, remove the skin with a knife then scoop the seeds with a spoon and discard. Cut the papaya into wedges. But the red bell pepper into 4 pieces and remove the stem (it's okay to leave the seeds). To remove the skin from the orange and lemon, cut them in half, place the flat side on a cutting board and use your knife to cut between the peel and the pith.
- Turn on your juicer and begin with juicing the fresh turmeric and ginger. Add pineapple, papaya, red bell pepper, orange and lemon.
- Give the juice a nice stir and pour into a glass to serve.
- Garnish with fresh ground pepper and an orange twist. Enjoy!