The Green Sapphire Margarita is a spicy and refreshing cocktail with a kick of spice, cooling cucumber, and smoky notes of Mezcal. It ties perfectly with the Spicy Rim.
It gets its name from the rare gem stone, Green Sapphire, because of its green color. The complex flavor is reminiscent of the facets that create the perfect brilliance. Also, green sapphires represent tranquility which goes hand in hand with the calming essence of fresh cucumber juice that’s included in this recipe.
The Green Sapphire Margarita is so bright in flavorful, it’s only right to create a stunning presentation. The defined Spicy Rim strip, thinly sliced jalapenos, and lime wedge is my definition of well garnished cocktail.
The mocktail version is delicious as well, you’ll find the substitutions below the recipe.
Green Sapphire Margarita
- Sharp knife
- Painters tape
- Pastry brush
- 1.5 oz. mezcal or tequila
- 2 oz. cold pressed cucumber Jalapeno juice (1 cucumber, 1 jalapeno)
- .5 oz. Cointreau liqueur
- .5 oz. simple syrup
- .5 oz. lime juice
- 2 tbsp Tajin
- Coat the 3/4 strip with simple syrup using a pastry brush. Dip the rim of the glass and coat it with Tajin
- Fill the rocks glass with ice and set aside.
- Add the Mezcal or sparkling water, cucumber jalapeno juice, lime juice, and simple syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain the ice while pouring the ingredients into the rocks glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a fresh or dried pepper.