This Gold Berry Acai Bowl is one of my favorite post workout snacks because all of the ingredients added (cherries, blueberries, bananas, and spinach) are rich in potassium, vitamin C, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties, high in fiber, and can boost exercise recovery. It’s also a great way to get your greens because the flavor and texture of the spinach is incognito.
Now, let’s talk about these gorgeous gold raspberries. They taste sweet and creamy, and their color adds the perfect contrast to the deep purple of the acai berries. Gold berries in season during the summer and early fall, and can be purchased from your local farmer’s market. They are so special, and really elevate the flavor of the acai bowl.
I like to think of acai bowls as healthy ice cream or a hefty smoothie–this recipe will ensure the perfect thick and creamy consistency due to only incorporating frozen fruit. The Salted Maple Cherry Oat Granola adds the perfect sweet’n salty balance and gives it a nice crunchy-chewy texture.
Gold Berry Acai Bowl
- Sharp knife
- 7 oz. Acai puree
- ½ cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup cold pressed apple juice
- ½ cup gold raspberries (can be substituted for a different berry)
- ¼ cup salted Maple Cherry Oat Granola
- ½ banana (sliced)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Blend acai puree, frozen cherries, frozen blueberries, frozen banana, fresh spinach, and cold pressed apple juice until it’s completely blended. The texture should be thick and creamy.
- Pour the acai base into a bowl, garnish with gold raspberries, Salted Maple Cherry Oat Granola, a sliced banana, and drizzle with raw honey. Serve immediately.